Re[2]: Der yidisher tam

I just can't resist picking up on something Richard Wolpoe wrote a couple
of days ago:

    <No 2 artists will
     replicate the same piece identically.  And musial instrruments evolve,
too.
     so do styles of playing.  Is anyone familiar wit htehe sliding violin
style
     of the 1920's?>

But what we're missing now!  Anyone listened to any Fritz Kreisler
recordings lately?
...which reminds me of an anecdote concerning Kreisler, who was married to
a gentile whose personality was, shall we say, not to the taste of everyone
who was fond of her husband.

It is said that Kreisler's wife was insisting one day to another prominent
musician (just who it was escapes me at the moment, alas) that, contrary to
the general impression, "Fritz doesn't have a drop of Jewish blood in him."
 The witty musician, a Jew himself, replied, "Then he must be terribly
anemic!"

Sandra Layman

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->