Re[2]: Associations

[...]
I have not read any posts which offer alternatives
>to the Alenu melody, just a disapproval of the "itsy bitsy spider" melody.

You may have missed an early post I made, where I mentioned an alternative
to "itsy bitsy" which we use at my shul. Another cantor of my acquaintance
uses a different melody which he learned at Ramah. I'm sure there are more
out there. As far as the closer to Aleinu, I don't see why V'neemar
*always* has to be a sing-along. If I didn't like the mice and the farmer
for some reason, and didn't have an alternate melody to teach, I'd just end
it in the nusakh appropriate to that service.

Thanks to Rich Wolpoe who expressed the problem with "baggage" more clearly
than I did previously.

Wendy

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->