Re: Re: Yiddish on List

>Did anyone experience Yiddish as a secret
>>     language used by adults when they did not want children to
>>    understand what was being said?  How did you feel about it?

Yes. My grandparents spoke Yiddish when they didn't want us to understand what
they were saying. In petty retaliation we would tell them to stop talking
"baby-talk". They would just laugh. Each of them spoke four languages. I'm
lucky if I can speak this one from one day to the next.

jeff

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->