Re: anybody into Korn?

David Kalina (dave (at) columbia(dot)edu) wrote:
: On 23 Jan 1996, Stanley C. Rawrysz wrote:

: > : KORN rules. No hands down.
: > : BUY THE KORN CD! THEY'RE AWESOME!
: > If a band has to use nursery rhymes to come across as hardcore, then
: > something is wrong.  besides, does everyone know how korn got it's name,
: > the lead singer (gay, by the way; not that i have anything against gays)
: > stuck a cob up his ass and viola-a band name.  stop cross posting on the
: > primus newsgroup, keep your shit everywhere else.  i don't want to read
: > about vegetation.

: Alright, I normally wouldn't cross-post, but you've got your story so
: fucking backwards that it sickens me.  The lead singer is not, to my
: knowledge, gay - they got the name because they saw some guy eating
: another guy's asshole at a party, discovered a kernel of corn, and said
: something about it.  It became a joke amongst the band members, and hence
: the name.

: Also, they're not hardcore - they don't claim to be hardcore, and they
: certainly don't sound hardcore - but that doesn't stop them from being an
: excellent band (IMHO)..

: Dave

What kind of band is it then?  Anyhow, i've heard from numerous people
that he is gay.  like i said before, i don't like korn because the lead
singer is gay, i'm not prejudice.  i think they are a musically worthless
band with no creativity.  i'll go scream some nursery rhymes into a mic
with load noise in the background and send you a tape.  you think i could
get a label and make millions.  it's morons like you that make shitty
bands like corn and silverchair and live and hootie who they are now.

thank you

-the big stash

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->