Re: anybody into Korn?

In article <4em6db$4st (at) cmcl2(dot)NYU(dot)EDU>, scr7846 (at)
is(dot)nyu(dot)edu (Stanley C.
Rawrysz) wrote:

> What kind of band is it then?  Anyhow, i've heard from numerous people
> that he is gay.  like i said before, i don't like korn because the lead
> singer is gay, i'm not prejudice.  i think they are a musically worthless
> band with no creativity.  i'll go scream some nursery rhymes into a mic
> with load noise in the background and send you a tape.  you think i could
> get a label and make millions.  it's morons like you that make shitty
> bands like corn and silverchair and live and hootie who they are now.

Hmmmm...Gay, straight, both, neither...What the hell difference does it
make...And since you seem to use 'Shoots and Ladders' to typify their
entire album, I must interject...Listen to the whole album...I don't think
that 'Shoots and Ladders' is anywhere near the best song on the album...It
is, however, radio-friendly, so they used it as a single...Such is the
recording industry...I have listened to the Korn CD several times, and
they are QUITE talented...Listen to 'Predictable' once, from 1:51 to about
3:20...How many bands do you know of that can play in whatever time
signature that is...And of your list of 'shitty bands'...I have already
addressed Korn (that is indeed the name of the band...Corn is what I had
with dinner)...Silverchair is a good band destined for greatness (keep in
mind they're only 16 or so years old)...Live's songwriting is abhorrent,
and the only talent lies with the drummer...And Hootie......Don't even go
there...Please...Darius Rucker whines the whole album, and again, the
songwriting makes me want to vomit...I advise you to take a music
class...My goal is not for everyone to ADORE Korn, Silverchair, TOOL,
etc....It's for everyone to at least appreciate it...The fact that Korn
adds a few distortion pedals and the like detracts nothing from the
musical value...Listen...

Why do I...really need to...

                                 dp (at) vt(dot)edu
                           NOVUS OPIATE SECLORUM