Re: Noa

In article <47t0e9$e5o (at) spock(dot)ctenet(dot)com>, Gregg Hilker
<hilgr (at) mail(dot)onalaska(dot)uwlax(dot)edu> wrote:

> I had heard a singer by the name of Noa.  She is a young Yemenite that
> grew up in Brooklyn.  I don't know how to find a CD by her.

Thanks,

> Jennifer Jennings
> hilgre.mail.onalaska.ctnet.com
> Onalaska, WI 54650

Her full name is Achi Noam Nini.  She has three albums out.  The best is a
live concert, but her most recent album "Noa," has more songs in English
than the others.

Here in NYC you can get a copy at Tower Records.  I don't know about
Wisconsin, but she did perform at the campus in Madison on her last
American tour - perhaps they can help you at the college?

Noa is extremely popular in Israel right now - she headlined the first
night of this past summer's ill-fated Arad Festival.  She is also having a
fair bit of crossover success here in the USA, partially because some of
her songs are in English, partially because she grew up in the States, and
partially because she is a babe in the marketable Ofra Haza tradition.

Good luck

saul (at) spacelab(dot)net

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->