Noa

Hello All!

Have I stumbled onto stupid_jewish_jokes list by mistake? ;-)

I have been lurking (reading, not posting) on this list for 2 or 3 months
now, and have been enjoying it. Thanks, all.

A friend of mine posted the following on folk_music (another great list
brought to you by the nice folks at Nysernet!):

------------------------------------
>Date: Tue, 22 Mar 1994 18:42:35 -0500
>From: Krista(dot)Reymann (at) Eng(dot)Sun(dot)COM (Krista Reymann)
>To: folk_music (at) nysernet(dot)ORG
>Subject: Noa

>While in Japan on business recently I had the good fortune to visit
>a few record stores.  I found a CD that is #2 on the Jazz charts by
>a female "folk" singer from Tel Aviv named Noa.  I haven't had the
>chance to listen to the whole thing, but she's got a beautiful voice.
>What I have heard so far is kinda jazzy, kinda folky.  It's produced
>by Pat Metheny on Geffen...  Has anyone else heard of Noa?

>-Krista
-------------------------------------

Thought I'd post here, and find out what the assembled multitudes knew
about it. Please reply to me or the list, as well as to Krista. I'm
interested.

Also, I'm interested in any Sephardic folk music that I might be able to
find in the States. Any leads,especially for groups that live/tour in the
US? Thanks.

--Dan Fox

Topic No. 44

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->