Re: sher questions

Hi Steve and Helen and all!
I just want to clarify Steve's clarifications for myself:
When you say, Steve, the chorus always returns - the circling and the use of,
say, the Veretsky Pass AABB portions - you ARE saying that, unlike the Philly
sher where there are NUMEROUS square phrases to play- that indeed the
implication of the VP AABB means the musicians ARE playing that same phrase
everytime the sher dances the Chorus/the circling. Right?
When Matt was explaining what he was learning as the AR (formerly known as the
WC :-)) sher implied, it seemed to me, that NO material was ever repeated
musically. In Philly sher this of course is possible, although I've never
counted exactly how many phrases are truly there and therefore possible to do
without any repeating for a total of the 8 times one must get a chorus ( always
new music....) in.
Could you briefly explain for those of us who won't see you until Klezkanada?
By the way, I for one appreciated your last "simplification" so that now I
understand what happens first (circling/chorus) bowing/exchanging, dancing with
partner and others and then the optional promenade - my favorite part which
won't be optional when I teach it :-)
(For our being able to continue this dance ya have to, seems to me, have that
ideal group of guests at a simcha who are truly into learning the dance - and
then showing up to all your other simchas. I've even thought of hiring some
guests to travel with the band....Not really, but wouldn't that be nice?)

Tenkyu

Adrianne
Adrianne Greenbaum
Assoc. Prof. of Flute, Mount Holyoke College
Klezmer flutist, "FleytMuzik"
cdbaby or fluteworld