RE: sher questions

I agree with you-the recreational dance setting in the sterile gym with the
canned music does nothing for the dance.  I guess somehow more bridges have
to be built, to bring musical ensembles in closer contact with danceleaders,
so that somehow, we can work together and put the dancing out there in more
places and more often.  That's the only way I can see it gradually working
its way back into the fabric of  community celebrations.  People need many
repetitions and exposures to the dancing before they can become comfortable
and confident with it.  Not many people are brave enough to get up and lead
dancing, unless they have a considerable amount of  experience.

Helen

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->