shiron for shirah b'tzibur

I would join the chorus of those saying that a new shiron would be a good
idea, and agreeing with the list of characteristics.  A model might be
Cantor Stephen Richards' "Manginot," which addresses a different body of
music, but which is comprehensive.  So often I've had to look in one
source for a melody, another to get all the verses, yet another for
translations, and yet another if I want the Hebrew text.  Then, even with
things that aren't folk melodies, there are often different versions of
the melody, it having been transmitted orally, and little effort has been
expended to include the composer's name.  So I hope Bob Weiner perseveres
and does quality work, and may he gain in strength.

Fred Blumenthal
xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->