From: Shirona
Sent: Mar 30, 2004 10:11 AM
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: shiron for shirah b'tzibur

Hi Bob,

A shiron like the one you envision would be awesome, with all of your suggestions in place.  I know the woman who worked on the Young Judea shiron - that project took three years and alot of funding - and the worst part was dealing with ACUM - the Israeli copyright organization (like ASCAP).  Is it possible that the potential market for such a comprehensive project is simply too small?

Wouldn't it be even better to have such a Shiron on a CD, or on a website, where people could print at home only the songs they're interested in? (and pay for it through the net?)

Shirona
Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
   www.shirona.com
   www.cdbaby.com/shirona
---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network, http://shamash.org a service of Hebrew College, which offers online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ To unsubscribe email listproc (at) shamash(dot)org and have your message read: unsubscribe jewish-music ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->