Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise (Relax, Ron, Relax!)

Hey, you all can dis rap/Hip-Hop/R&B...  that's your opinion.  But please don't
dis the GODFATHER...  Mr. James Brown!! :)  Take it to the bridge!!!!!!!!!!

Farfl's House <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca> wrote:Whoa! Hold on there a minute,
big fellah.  I won't spend too much energy on a reply, because based on your
recent posts, I think you're just trolling for a fight.  In regards to my post,
I was just expressing my opinions, that's all! Your post makes a few incorrect
assumptions; that I don't know where (rap) is coming from, I don't know what it
is about, and that I don't keep up with trends.
It's not a case of "Old-Fogey-Itis", as some other poster suggested, either.
I'm about as open-minded when it comes to music, art and self-expression as
they come.  I give everything a fair  chance.  I  try and play as many musical
styles as I can.  Ron, it's not that I don't get it, it's that I don't want it.
 Just my opinion.  No need to rant and suggest that I take up a vocation that I
wouldn't enjoy.
Best Regards,
Steven
Keep drum machines in the rehearsal hall where they belong.
Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise - My Many Opinions!From:
Ron Caswell <ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com>Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:11:50 -0800 (PST)To:
World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Have you ever tried rapping?  It ain't as easy as it looks or sounds.  And of
course most rappers don't sing, why should they?  They're not singers, they are
rappers.  Some of the rap productions are some real slick pieces of work.
"Since anyone can buy a pair of Adidas and learn the correct hand gestures" ,
then why don't you?  Think of all the money you'd make and all the booty you'd
be tappin' my nigun!  If you don't like rap then turn on your favorite Klezmer
station and listen to that.  You don't have to "dis" other people's music just
because you don't understand where it's coming from or what it's about.  Keep
up with the trends my brotha.

http://roncaswell.com

ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com

212.865.9622 (H)

646.321.5888 (C)
Farfl's House <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca> wrote: In my sometimes-not-so-humble
opinion, "rap Artist" and "rap Music" are
oxymorons. I prefer to side with the late bassist John Entwhistle who
was of the opinion that rap was for those that couldn't sing. I'm also
of the opinion
that drum machines are for demo tapes and should be used as a practicing
tool only. They have no place in recorded music being released to the
public.

http://roncaswell.com

ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com

212.865.9622 (H)