Re: Rap and honest observations.

Sampling was the fundamental compositional technique of Renaissance
polyphony, only they called it cantus firmus in those days. WThere was
another sampling technique called theme and variations. hen I was taking
electronic music in the bad old days, we called it musique concrete.
Everybody uses somebody else's stuff and it's what you do with it that
counts.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music and Jewish Studies