Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise (Relax, Ron, Relax!)

Whoa! Hold on there a minute, big fellah.  I won't spend too much energy
on a reply, because based on your recent posts, I think you're just
trolling for a fight.  In regards to my post, I was just expressing my
opinions, that's all! Your post makes a few incorrect  assumptions; that
I don't know where (rap) is coming from, I don't know what it is about,
and that I don't keep up with trends.
It's not a case of "Old-Fogey-Itis", as some other poster suggested,
either.  I'm about as open-minded when it comes to music, art and
self-expression as they come.  I give everything a fair  chance.  I  try
and play as many musical styles as I can.  Ron, it's not that I don't
get it, it's that I don't want it.  Just my opinion.  No need to rant
and suggest that I take up a vocation that I wouldn't enjoy.
Best Regards,
Steven
Keep drum machines in the rehearsal hall where they belong.

> Re: cRAP, Jewish or Otherwise - My Many Opinions!
> From:
> Ron Caswell <ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com>
> Date:
> Mon, 22 Mar 2004 06:11:50 -0800 (PST)
> To:
> World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
>

> Have you ever tried rapping?  It ain't as easy as it looks or sounds.
> And of course most rappers don't sing, why should they?  They're not
> singers, they are rappers.  Some of the rap productions are some real
> slick pieces of work.  "Since anyone can buy a pair of Adidas and
> learn the correct hand gestures" , then why don't you?  Think of all
> the money you'd make and all the booty you'd be tappin' my nigun!  If
> you don't like rap then turn on your favorite Klezmer station and
> listen to that.  You don't have to "dis" other people's music just
> because you don't understand where it's coming from or what it's
> about.  Keep up with the trends my brotha.

http://roncaswell.com <http://roncaswell.com/>

ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com <mailto:ron (at) roncaswell(dot)com>

212.865.9622 (H)

646.321.5888 (C)

> Farfl's House <farfl (at) idirect(dot)ca> wrote:
>
>     In my sometimes-not-so-humble opinion, "rap Artist" and "rap
>     Music" are
>     oxymorons. I prefer to side with the late bassist John Entwhistle who
>     was of the opinion that rap was for those that couldn't sing. I'm
>     also
>     of the opinion
>     that drum machines are for demo tapes and should be used as a
>     practicing
>     tool only. They have no place in recorded music being released to the
>     public.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->