Re: yiddish books on tape

Theresa,

There's also the excellent book "Mit groys fargenign / With Great
Pleasure: A Century of Yiddish Writing", compiled and edited by Heather
Valencia and published by the Oxford Institute for Yiddish Studies, UK.
It is a complilation of Yiddish literature (prose and poetry) with a
respective glossary for students of Yiddish.  It comes with 8 CDs with
readings of the texts by native speakers.

I believe it is available from The Yiddish Voice (Boston) for 38 dollars
(www.yiddishstore.com/bookandcdshe.html) and also from the Maison de la
Culture Yiddish-Bibliothèque Medem (Paris) for 20 euros plus shipping
(www.yiddishweb.com).

If you wish to order from Paris please write to me on bikher (at)
yiddishweb(dot)com(dot)

Best wishes,

Lloica

>>Dear List members,
>>
>>A cousin of mine asked me the following question and I thought I would
>>ask you helpful yiddish mavens where to send her...
>>
>>"I forgot to ask you if you've heard of "books on tape" but in Yiddish?
>> I'd like
>>to get some.  For example, Sholem Aleichem stories, or IB Singer in the
>>original Yiddish, or even modern Yiddish writers being read.  Any
>>suggestions where to look?"
>>
>>theresa tova
>>
>>http://www.theresatova.com

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->