What Shall We Do With The Schikered Tsimbler Er-lay in the Morgen?

Seth Austen wrote:
> At what blood alchohol level shall we let these crazed tsimblers near their
> instruments? If I recall correctly, a prodigious amount of slivovitz is a
> necessary ingredient in acquiring a "killer" tremelo. And there isn't much
> scarier on this earth than a stone cold sober tsimbler.

In my experience, probably 0.04-0.08 is a good range.

I've tried it all ways.  Discounting the coming up and going down
and getting home issues (dosing with booze is a bitch of a way to
handle anxiety), I can truthfully say a drink or two does make me a
better player.  No, don't say "you just think so" - I've heard recordings.
I can play better after a few belts.

But I can't study better.  I left the whisky home for Klez Kamp and
avoided the Bobov Bar - no that wasn't the name, just how I read it.
I learned a lot more and retained a lot more than when I study by day
and drink at night while I practice.

My flute partner and I have a tradition of pulling out the whisky
after we've done a few good tunes as a reward well done, but
lately I'm trying to find the zone where I can play like I've
been drinking when I've got nothing harder than Dr Browns Diet Cherry.
It seems like a skill to nurture.

Roger