Re: Shrinking audiences?

In a message dated 12/13/03 6:36:42 PM Eastern Standard Time,
AGREENBA (at) aol(dot)com writes:

> Ah yes, but do bands offer the same freebies as the DJ's???? Last week, no
> kidding, the DJ placed a pair of earplugs for each person at their place at
> the table. Now THAT's service - with a grimace.....

It's tacky and accomplishes nothing.  If they are concerned with hearing
conservation, they would strictly adhere to standardized indoor noise levels.

> We were "sharing" the dance-floor with the DJ and all I can say is that we
> couldn't wait to be done with our portion so we could pack up and get out
> before TOO much damage to our ears was done.
> Oh, and the really nice part was when the party planner (did I mention I luv
> party planners??) told the DJ to push up his music so as to blend into the
> end of our hora set

This party planner was putting everyones hearing at risk.
So how many DJ's are there?  In the not too distant future they can make some
audiologist some real good money.  X number of DJ's x 2 ears each x $6000 per
pair of digital hearing aids =?

Willa C Horowitz, MA, CCC-A (Certified and CT Licensed Audiologist)
Leader and Teacher of Israeli, Klezmer and International Folk Dance

130 Mt. Sanford Road
Hamden, CT 06518
(203) 248-0291

willadance (at) aol(dot)com