Re: Shrinking audiences? (was RE: Khevre is astounding)

we had an exceptionally good house tonight at Merkin Hall in NYC, around 350
I think (Isle of Klezbos with Stonewall Chorale).  tickets were not cheap
either; it was a special/holiday event though. and some of our other shows this
year have been strong.  but it really takes the right combination of factors.

upstate shows can still be good if the price is right and the promotion
effective, but if not -- look out!  going out in Manhattan and Brooklyn, I've
seen
some excellent turnouts at various friends' shows all year; good word of mouth
is essential... as well as reviews, if it's a long-playing show or theater.
there are still clubs and shows doing well, but obviously some producers and
clubs are having a horrible time too.

and going nearly off-topic (musical theater), sure Broadway is having a rough
season overall, but look at Avenue Q; it's in the right place at the right
time, and successfully moved uptown from off-Bway.

Eve
- e v e  s i c u l a r  -
drummer/bandleader
ISLE OF KLEZBOS &