Re: Chassidic Classic with Giora Feidman

Feidman (which he pronounced FADEman) came to Chicago and sat in with Maxwell
Street some years ago (10?).  His ability to capture an audience and wrap
them around his finger was amazing to watch.  Few clarinetists have the ability
to focus an audience on their performance the way he does, and I don't think
there is anything wrong with that.  On the contrary, being an entertainer as
well as an artist is (IMHO) right at the heart of traditional Yiddish
performance.

One thing that I have learned from watching him is that the best way to get
an audience's attention when it is waning it to play softly.  (See?  Didn't you
listen?)

Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->