Re: mazinke

>A favor - please reply off line  because I am hopelessly behind on my JMML
>reading.
>
>When one plays "di mazinke oysgegebn" - does one play ONLY for the mother
>of the kale?  My customer wants to include her father.  I have never seen
>or done this w/ a male in the center of the circle, either w/ the mother or
>alone!

We've played with both parentsin the circle. When both khosn and kale
have been the youngest, all four parents and maybe even grandparents
and stepparents have been in the center of the circle. People are
very happy to widen the ritual circle to make it more inclusive and
to add joy to a khasene.

Peggy Davis

Peggy H. Davis Calligraphy & Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340
624-3204
www.HebrewLettering.com
www.WholesaleKlezmer.com