Re: mazinke

In a message dated 8/28/2003 5:32:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
klezmer (at) yiddishmusic(dot)com writes:

> When one plays "di mazinke oysgegebn" - does one play ONLY for the mother
> of the kale?  My customer wants to include her father.

We always include the father--assuming he's alive at the time.  I haven't
seen it done any other way.  We also put the bride on one side and the groom on
the other.  The chairs are arranged so that one faces one direction and one the
other
(like this: ! i ! i ).  That way, they are always facing someone in the
circle.  Both father and mother get floral crowns, as a rule.  It usually
eventually warms up and becomes another hora set.

Lori @ MAX

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->