Re: mazinke

I'm answering both on list and off as others may be interested as well.

I've seen it usually with the mother and father in the center of the
circle.  But it's really up to the customer.  In spite of the
tradition being for the mezinke, we've done it also for the parents
of the mezinik (a boy who is the youngest to be married off in the
family.)  It's the celebration of "putr vern" ( being freed of the
responsibility) for marrying off your children.

Zayt gezunt (be healthy),

Yosl (Joe) Kurland
The Wholesale Klezmer Band
Colrain, MA 01340