Re: mazinke

My take is that it's a beautiful tradition and that nowadays it should be
extended to anybody who is going to be honored because their children are about
to be wed - bride's parents, groom's parents, step-parents, etc. (And by
parents I don't necessarily restrict it to mother and father - we played a Bar
Mitzvah recently where the parents of the Bar Mitzvah boy were Alice and
Margaret).

I'm all for inclusivity (while honoring and respecting the tradition but
interpreting it for today) on this one.

My $.02

Dick Rosenberg