Re: Upcoming events in Canada, Holland and France

On Saturday, July 26, 2003, at 02:36 PM, Ari Davidow wrote:
At 04:12 AM 7/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:

If by chance any on the list are around these cities, would love to meet you.

Posting times, addresses, cost, further info contacts are all good in helping people make it to the concerts!

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/

All right I guess one should make things easy as possible

ALL the info re the concerts and links are available on my website

http://www.theresatova.com

but in short... here is what I know so far

The Canadian and USA dates are all with a Jazz trio or quartet.

Except for two nights at a very cool Jazz club the UPSTAIRS, most of the Montreal concerts are in a series of cultural centres dotted throughout the city. The Quebec gov't sponsors these free concerts in beautiful state of the art facilities.
The events tend to be very well attended so one must call ahead to make reservations
If there was any doubt that Quebec society is distinct, I am now a firm believer. We don't need any more referendums to prove it.

In Ottawa we will be fortunate enough to have my pianist play on one of Glen Gould's pianos.

The Michigan event is part of a series of concerts presented through a very progressive temple.
Applied for Visa's etc. keeping my fingers crossed that there will be no snags at the border

In Holland I will be giving a series of singing workshops and concerts.
the links to these dates will appear on my website soon.

In Paris we are presenting an evening at a cafe theatre in the latin quarter that is known for presenting Yiddish music every wednesday. A singing workshop is also in the works.... details to follow

Upcoming Concerts
30 July 2003 : Centre de la culture Pointe-claire, Montréal an outdoor concert at historic Stewart Hall on the lake   8PM-free
4 Octobre 2003 : Maison de la culture Mercier, Montréal reservations call (514) 872-8755  8PM-free
 7 Octobre 2003: Maison de la culture Rosemont/ Petite-Patrie, Montréal reservations call (514) 872-1730 8PM-free
 8 Octobre 2003 : Maison de la culture Marie-Uguay, Montréal reservations call (514) 872-2044  7PM-free
 9 Octobre 2003 : Maison de la culture Notre-Dame-de-Grace, Montréal reservations call (514) 872-2157  7PM-free
10 & 11 Octobre 2003: Le Upstairs Jazz club , Montréal (514) 931-6808 $15.00 ? three sets
14 Octobre 2003: Bibliothèque Nationale du Canada, Ottawa   (613) 567-7040 7:30pm $15.00? student prices too
16 octobre 2003: Maison de la culture Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Montréal (514) 872-8749 8PM-free
18 Octobre 2003: Festival Vivace, Michigan USA (248) 788-9338 7 PM
19 Octobre 2003: Top o' the Senator,Toronto, Canada $15.00 two sets 8:30 & 10:30
25 & 26 Octobre 2003: Zutphen & Deventer Holland three concerts and workshops ( links will be up on the website soon)

5 Novembre 2003: Théatre de la Vieille Grille, Paris, France
13 Novembre Masion de la culture,Villeray-Parc Extension, Montréal
17 Novembre 2003: Maison de la culture, Pierrefonds-Senneville, Montréal

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->