Re: Richard Farina/Carolyn Hester + Re: musical genres

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eliezer Kaplan" <zelwel (at) attbi(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: Richard Farina/Carolyn Hester + Re: musical genres

> All I know about the personnel is what it says on the CD cover. Although
I'm
> familiar enough with Ra (and maybe Gilmore) to pick 'em out by ear for the
> rest of them I can only regurgitate what I read.

I'm pretty sure Gilmore is on the album.

I thought it might list all the members of the Blues Project on the cover,
but you can't always trust album covers. Especially on
30-years-after-the-fact reissues when there probably wasn't much
documentation for the original.

One of my favorites: The cover of Headquarters lists Peter Tork as playing
12 string guitar and Mike Nesmith playing 6 string. Tork plays 12 string
acoustic on one song. He also plays 6 string on another. On the other hand,
Nesmith's main guitar at the time was a 12 string electric that he plays on
most of the album. He's even playing it on the back cover pictures.