   Subject: Re: Richard Farina/Carolyn Hester
   From: "Trudi Goodman" <goobietheg (at) hotmail(dot)com>
   Date: Mon, May 5, 2003 3:45 pm
   To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>

   Joan Baez's dad was Mexicano.  However, Baez is sometimes a Sephard
   name. There was a Nobel Winning Scientist with that last name, who was
   Jewish..and also Sephard and Latino.As for Farina...he learned La Rosa
   from Carolyn Hester...the same place by the way that Joanie learned
   Donna Donna from. As a matter of fact, Joan lifted alot of material
   wholecloth from Carolyn Hester...especially the Childe Harold ballads.
   So I'd thank Carolyn Hester for being so charitable.Trudi