Re: Cohan: not a Jew.

There are really fabulous (IMO) chanukah songs, but they were written in
Yiddish ("Oy, khanike, oy, knanike", "O, ir kleyne likhtelekh", "Borukh
ate", etc.)!  Even our most beloved Chanukah song in English ("I have a
little dreidel") was really written in Yiddish ("Ikh bin a kleyner dreydl").
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for