Kol Isha and Marilyn Manson

--- Judith R Cohen <judithc (at) YorkU(dot)CA> wrote:
> Alex suggests,
Alex didn´t suggest. He paraphrased.

1) Again, you´re blaming the Jews who were keeping
their commandments, instead of the presenters,
who may or may not have bobbled while juggling
communal priorities. If the singer had a problem,
with the cancellation, she (or anyone) needs to
discuss it with the presenters, not the observant
Jews.

2) Cancelling a singer
or song certainly won´t lead to circumstances
as egregious as splitting a Jewish community.
After all, the woman there had no mitzva to sing,
while the men had a mitzva not to listen.

Would you then compel men to listen? I hope not.

But according to that "reasoning", wouldn´t all
women´s "services" also then become compulsory
for the observant Jewish male population, though
forbidden by the rabbis? I hope you get my point.

If Marilyn Manson sacrifices a chicken on stage,
do I have to buy a ticket? NO, of course not.

Don´t like the presenter´s policy of accommodating
the rabbis? No? Great - go tell them that you think
they should instead have alienated the rabbinate.
And I would love to know their response.

> Good to know you agree after all, Alex.
Well, I agree, but not with your side.

Alex Jacobowitz