yes it is , no it isn't, yes it is, no it isn't........

Alex suggests, I think inaccurately:

> >  The woman singer has no
> > problem exercising her profession.

and more accurately, if , I think, lamentably,
> She may sing
> > for other women, for minors or for non-Jews. > She can also sing for men
> > who don´t
> > keep the laws of
> > > Kol Isha.

Logically, one would think that freedom would be:
she has the right to sing for anyone she feels like singing for or has
been professionally hired to sing for.

Naturally, others - men or whoever else - have the freedom not to
listen, and to remove themselves from earshot.

If she doesn't have the freedom to sing where men who observe Kol Isha
might be present, that SIMPLY ISN'T FREEDOM.

Sorry.

Ah! a light  at the end of the tunnel! going back to the beginning of
his message, Alex says:

'> As the saying goes, "your freedom to extend
> your arm stops at the end of my nose."

Ah, you finally noticed!!
Exactly.
So, men shou;d stop exercising their freedom when their arms extend to
women's noses - and their voices.
Good to know you agree after all, Alex.

Judith