From: "Helene Century" <helene (at) total(dot)net>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 8:33 AM
Subject: Szol a kakas mar

Dear members of the list

I will do a concert in Budapest next month and I would like to sing a
typical Hungarian Jewish song for them. The only one I know of is : Szol a
kakas mar". I found it in an old book of Velvel Pasternak and I have a
recording of the group "Muszikas". Unfortunately I cannot get the words from
Martha Sebastian's singing and Pasternak's version has only one verse which
I wrote very poorly and I am not sure of deciphering myself properly.

Does anyone have words for this song ?
Does anyone have other Hungarian Jewish songs?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hélène Engel