Re: AABACA (was Finale, Sibelius, etc.)

Dear Listers,

In a message dated 1/16/03 9:45:45 AM, xd2fabl (at) us(dot)ibm(dot)com writes:

>Eliezer Kaplan asked about the ad for Finale at a lesser price - was it
>
>full-feature, and wasn't there something for less money.  The source is:
>
>AABACA (www.aabaca.com) (952) 933-7307.  I believe it's full-feature, but
>
>"bli nader" - don't make me swear to it.  I notice they advertise Finale
>
>for $199 and Sibelius for $229, but there's probably "shipping &
>handling."  You could contact them regarding why you should buy from them,
>
>or the manufacturers regarding why not.

AABACA is a very legit operation in the Twin Cities area where I live. They
cater specifically to the educational market, hence the heavy discounts. I
don't know what they require in the way of proof that you're an educator or
whether they have a different price list for "normal" people. But they are
very nice people and all who work there are well-trained. They carry
synthesizers and other computer accoutrements as well--all at good prices for
a non-coast establishment. Call them and see.

I don't know what "bli nader" is (is it a Yiddish adaptation of Hebrew like
b'li nadar or something like that?)

Best wishes,
Steve

Steve Barnett