-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of AGREENBA (at)
aol(dot)com
Sent: 21 December 2002 04:19
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Folk Fiddlers

Geraldine,
I would most highly recommend Cookie Segelstein (member, The Klezical
Tradition plus major freelancing, teaching workshops in fiddling)  to fill
this important position on your festival. She's not only one of the top
klezmer fiddlers in this country but she also performs traditional Hungarian
village/country tunes with great spirit, abondon and polish.  (And, as a
bonus you can have a little Irish if those shoes haven't been filled!)
Classically trained as well, if the Menuhin committee would want to know,
with Masters degree from Yale. The works. You won't regret it.... I might,
as
it's hard to fill her boots when she's away! But don't let that stop
you....Go for it. Very seriously.

Adrianne Greenbaum
Klezmer flutist, Klezical Tradition

---