Re: OT Virus targeting Jewish addresses?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: janusz mark david czepiel,md
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: OT Virus targeting Jewish addresses?

  Hi everybody!
  This Klez and Bugbear virus are a real pain despite having current anti-virus
software!
  OK you 'quarantine' them ,twice recently,then you have to disable system
restore in Windows XP,scan  all the files again then reboot,enable restore
again...what a time waster though!
  I'm using McAfee maybe Norton or some other anti-virus software automatically
catches them...any ideas please?
  best wishes,
  janusz
  janusz mark david Czepiel,MD

  I use Norton Antivirus from Symantec, and let Symantec update the signature
files automatically.  When it detects a virus, it gives me the option to try to
repair the file (i.e., remove the virus), quarentine the file, or delete
permanently.  I usually delete it.

  I tried the McAfee program years ago and didn't like it, but it may be much
better now.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->