  From: Marvin
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 7:51 AM
  Subject: Re: OT Virus targeting Jewish addresses?

  ----- Original Message -----
    From: Michel Borzykowski
    To: World music from a Jewish slant
    Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 2:36 AM

    Hi all!
    Since 2 or 3 months, I get  3,4, 5... times a day the KLEZ worm, as
attached piece. And it downloads and opens automatically!!! Fortunately, my
anti-virus send them to quarantine, but it takes a few minutes to download.
Very irritating!
    My provider can't help (!) and pretends that I surf in a highly infected
environment. Not sure he's right, but... What about you?
    PS: Answer off list if you feel it OT!
    Michal

    My anti-virus program has caught and blocked the klez virus two or three
times.  I have a fast dsl line, so the download time isn't long.  The worst
nuisance from the virus is reading the warning from the antivirus program and
clicking on the button that tells the software to delete the e-mal message.

    I know several people who surf ther 'Net and receive e-mail without an
antivirus program, or who have one and haven't keep the signature file
up-to-date.  I tell them it is like leaving their front door unlocked.

    With the dsl line, I also have a firewall program.  It blocked an effort to
invade my computer at least one time.