Re: Looking for Dance Info: "Broyges Tantz"

Joe,
I wonder if you can comment on the footwork used in the broyges.  A couple
of the folkdance descriptions I have, use a step-close-step, sometimes
followed by a stamp or  pointing the toe as the travelling step during
portions of the dance.  Do you think this was the way it was done or do you
think this is an invention of the choreographers?  It seems to feel good
with the music, especially the stamping version but I wonder if it is
traditional.

Helen