Re: usage question (liner notes)

----- Original Message -----
From: Lori Cahan-Simon
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: usage question (liner notes)

<Who (besides me) remembers when Robert Crumb and his Keep-on-Truckin'
Orchestra put out a 78 in  1972 on the Ordinary Record label (whose motto is
"a high standard of standardness") with an instrumental "Wisconsin Wiggles",
featuring string band with musical saw, and a song with vocal, "River Blues"
on the other side.  I really enjoyed that one.  I wonder if that was the
last 78 ever issued?
Lorele>

In the early 90s, a rockabilly band from Austin, High Noon, put out a 78 of,
I think, an Elvis cover.