Crumbs from the Past

In a message dated 9/12/2002 6:22:31 PM Central Daylight Time,
BlackMonk (at) email(dot)msn(dot)com writes:

> Who (besides me) remembers when Robert Crumb and his Keep-on-Truckin'
> Orchestra put out a 78 in  1972 on the Ordinary Record label (whose motto
> is
> "a high standard of standardness") with an instrumental "Wisconsin
> Wiggles",
> featuring string band with musical saw, and a song with vocal, "River
> Blues"
> on the other side.  I really enjoyed that one.  I wonder if that was the
> last 78 ever issued?
> Lorele

I remember very well.  I heard it from a friend who was a buddy of Crumb's
from Akron, OH.  We were both bowled over by his joyous fanaticism for the
old disks. This was about a decade before I got into music professionally,
but I think it had an impact on my psyche (along the lines of "Hey, wouldn't
that be cool....).
Lori

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->