Re: usage question (liner notes)

Seth Austen wrote:

>I'd vote for "on this album". Of course, having gone through 3 or 4 format
>changes since I started recording and releasing music, there is the
>question
>as to whether or not we should still be calling them "albums"??

Oh, dear.  I raised this question long ago, and received a near-unanimous
response, as I recall, that it was still OK to refer to CDs as "albums"
(keeping in mind, of course, that "album" was already an obsolete term for
an LP--since it originated when multiple 78s [of symphonies, or songs by a
particular singer, etc.] were released in *real* "albums"--similar to
photograph albums).

Is this still the consensus?

Thanks, and for folks' answers to "on/in".

--Robert Cohen