Re: elvis

Here's what I read...when Elvis' mom died...she had requested that he put both a Mogen Dovid and a Cross on her headstone. Vernon was not happy with this and had the headstone replaced. Elvis's mother's maiden name was Love which was changed from Lieb, I believe. Her mother was Jewish and her father may or may not have been part Jewish. Elvis had lots of friends who were Jewish...also Black. Regardless of Public Enemy's comment a few years ago.. Elvis was not a racist. Hey so what if he's only part Jewish way back...I'll take him in my Minyan as opposed to Olivia Newton-John(her Zayde was the physicist Max Born).

Trudi the G

---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->