Re: Colin Powell and Yiddish

Well, as Lenny Bruce said...if you're from New York then you're Jewish.

 P.S. I still wouldn't vote for him for President!

>To: World music from a Jewish slant
>Subject: Colin Powell and Yiddish
>Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 08:55:45 -0400
>
> >Colin Powell (who claims to know
> >Yiddish!)
>
>OK, I recognize that this is off topic, but I have a first-
>hand experience with Colin Powell and Yiddish. My wife and I
>bumped into him at a Chinese restaurant in Virginia shortly
>after the Gulf War. Never shy, my wife went up and started
>talking to him. She mentioned that we were out for dinner
>with a Jewish social group and we had heard he spoke Yiddish.
>He then immediately switched to conversing in Yiddish. The
>ironic part is that my wife is not a Yiddish speaker. So
>there you had my nice Jewish wife standing in a Chinese
>restaurant unable to comprehend the Yiddish being spoken to
>her by the African American Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
>Staff. The melting pot at work.
>
>Jesse

Join the world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------+ Hosted by Shamash: The Jewish Network http://shamash.org A service of Hebrew College, offering online courses and an online MA in Jewish Studies, http://hebrewcollege.edu/online/ ---------------------- jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org ---------------------=

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->