  From: Sandra Layman
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2002 4:27 AM
  Subject: Re: A Yiddish World Remembered

  There are a couple of articles about this program at
  http://www.forward.com/issues/2002/02.08.09/fast3.html
  and

http://www.jta.org/page_view_story.asp?strwebhead=PBS+special+looks+at+Yiddish+world&intcategoryid=5

  For anyone in Seattle: KCTS (our local PBS station) will *not* be
broadcasting this program. Write or call them if you're interested in ever
seeing the film! (See further below.)

  By the way, does anyone on the list know if any contemporary or recent
klezmer music was used on the soundtrack for this program? I ask partly because
a friend and I were actually hired (for a token amount) by the producer to play
a couple of minutes of music for the opening sequence. However, that was before
the producer got permission to use the original Abe & Sylvia Schwartz
recording, which is what he'd wanted all along. Oh, well... (I still am fuzzy
on why someone would need to get permission to use a recording which should be
public domain by now, according to an intellectual-property lawyer I know, but
that's another subject.)

  - Sandra
  www.sandralayman.com

  ----[forwarded]-----