A Yiddish World Remembered

http://www.pbs.org/whatson/press/aug02/yiddish_world.html

  "In interviews with a small group of elderly Jews who remember living
in a shtetl as children, experts on Yiddish and Jewish life in the 19th
and early 20th centuries, and film clips, photos and music, the film
tries--with much success--to recreate the cocoon-like Jewish life of
that time and place."

A PBS documentary is being shown.  I don't know when it will be shown in
your area, but look for it on your local station.  I'm trying to find
when it will be shown here in Cleveland.

Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->