Re: dance of death

i always do a tchiyas hameisim dance at the weddings i
go to. it usually invovles much of what you stated
below but i an get it to be prett elaborate sometimes.
myself and a fried start dancing like mad until i fake
a heart attack or something similar and i collapse on
the ground. my friend attempts to revive me, sometimes
with the assistance of all sorts of outlandish props,
( a bicycle pump is often a favorite, he uses it to
inflate me through my mouth but usually only succeeds
in getting no more than two limbs done at a time
before i deflate again :)) at which point as a last
resort he runs to the bar and and gets like biggest
bottle he can find (which isnt always filled with
"prop" whiskey hehe) and thayt gets me going again and
we dance like mad some more.....:)

invite me to your next khasne and youll see....

avi finegold

--- klezmer (at) yiddishmusic(dot)com wrote:
> I'm familiar with the T'khiyes-Hameysim Tants/Dance
> of Resurrection -  but
> I have never seen one danced.  My understanding is
> that two men fight, one
> "accidentally" kills the other, but with the help of
> bronfn, the killee is
> revived.  All in the context of the khasene, like
> the broyges tants.
>
> Would be interested to read an eye-witness report
> (and which community it
> took place in, when, what city, etc.) - and also,
> what is the ostensible
> purpose?
>
> Dena
>

> Cantor Sam Weiss wrote:
>
> >In the last couple of centuries it was more
> commonly called The Dance of
> >Resurrection (T'khiyes-Hameysim Tants),&nbsp; a
> Chassidic variant of the
> >Broygez Tants.<br><br>
> >At 08:37 AM 7/2/02, Michel Borzykowski wrote:<br>
> face="arial" size=2>shalom
> >khevre!</font><br>
> >&nbsp;<br>
> &quot;dance of
> >death&quot; played by klezmorim at Jewish
> weddings?</font><br>
> ><x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>

=====
the whole world is a narrow bridge
     and the main thing is to have no fear  -rabbi nachman
the numerical equation of ahavah in hebrew is 13(a prime number)
     be'ahava is 2(bet) x 13
     when two complete and unbreakable (prime) loves come together in
love(be'ahava), you have 26
     this shows that god (equivalent to 26) enters into a relationship only if
there is a complete unbreakable selflessness to the other    -avi finegold
and one one hand he tattooed the word love/and on the other the word fear
-bruce springsteen