Re: dance of death

There's a fairly complete account in the liner notes to "Hassidic Tunes of
Dancing and Rejoicing," on Smithsonian Folkways.  -Hankus

In a message dated 7/3/02 7:05:45 AM, klezmer (at) yiddishmusic(dot)com writes:

<< I'm familiar with the T'khiyes-Hameysim Tants/Dance of Resurrection -  but
I have never seen one danced.  My understanding is that two men fight, one
"accidentally" kills the other, but with the help of bronfn, the killee is
revived.  All in the context of the khasene, like the broyges tants.

Would be interested to read an eye-witness report (and which community it
took place in, when, what city, etc.) - and also, what is the ostensible
purpose?

Dena >>