Re: response to a gig cancellation?

If you were hired by individuals acting on behalf of an organisation, I would
take that to mean that the organisation is the hiring body, irrespective of any
change in the specific individuals managing the organisation, or belonging to
any committees of that organisation.

It is totally reasonable for any employer, or organisation to change its
business structure or direction.  But if they make a person (event) redundant,
then a redundancy payment should be forthcoming, (in my humble and foreign
opinion).

In my country, persuing such an instance through the courts would result in more
harm than good, and one may end up wearing some of the mud that ought to be
sticking to the organisation, but you make your own choice for your situation.

--
Regards,

Lionel Mrocki

Visit <<http://www.klezmania.com.au>> for the latest information on
KLEZMANIA;  Performance dates, Sound files, Photos and more.

Visit <<http://members.optushome.com.au/amrocks/karenlionel.html>>
to see our family.