Re: [completely OT] gig idea from eBay

on 5/20/02 3:39 AM, Sandra Layman at sandralayman (at) earthlink(dot)net wrote:

> So sorry -- can't resist posting this one.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=873698818

Now there's a unique angle for trying to get gigs, and a wild zoot suit to
boot! I hope he gets tons of gigs!

I'm really liking this auction idea, particularly given the propensity for a
dozen people to call about hiring musicians for weddings or events, all of
them on the same date. We could start the bidding for a June wedding date
with the reserve being our usual fee scales, and take either the highest
bidder, or perhaps the gig with the best food and/or location!

Seth (now accepting bookings for gigs in January 2003 in Hawaii or other
warm climates)

--
Seth Austen

http://www.sethausten.com