RE: response to a gig cancellation?

Just to check, guys:  Do I have any legal recourse--I imagine I don't--to a
Jewish organization's cancelling a (lecture--but I can't imagine it matters)
gig because the private organization for whom it was, apparently by informal
arrangement, scheduling lecturers decided, after a change in management,
that it didn't care that much about lectures and didn't want to pay
lecturers' fees?  (The Jewish organization--had a written agreement with
me.)

Would appreciate, obviously, any thoughts or successful experience.

It's unethical, I think, on both their parts--but I don't know that I have
any legal recourse (other than to a bet din ...?).

--Robert Cohen