  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of MaxwellSt (at)
aol(dot)com
  Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2002 12:28
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Re: songs of peace

  In a message dated 4/8/2002 9:20:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
shirona (at) bellatlantic(dot)net writes:

    Going over my reference books, looking for material on Yom
Ha'atzma'ut... I realize that we must have hundreds of songs with the word
"Shalom" in them.  I mean songs in Hebrew written by Israelis, wishing,
yearning for peace.  So I was wondering - are there songs in Arabic
expressing similar wishes...?  I don't know for sure - but I doubt it.  I
think this would make an interesting "study".

  "Salaam" by the Israel-Palestinian group called Sheva.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->