  From: Shirona
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 10:19 PM
  Subject: songs of peace

  Shalom...

  Going over my reference books, looking for material on Yom Ha'atzma'ut... I
realize that we must have hundreds of songs with the word "Shalom" in them.  I
mean songs in Hebrew written by Israelis, wishing, yearning for peace.  So I
was wondering - are there songs in Arabic expressing similar wishes...?  I
don't know for sure - but I doubt it.  I think this would make an interesting
"study".

  Really depressed about the situation,

  Shirona
  Singer, Songwriter and Teacher of Jewish Music
   Visit my website at    www.shirona.com
  Listen to my music at www.mp3.com/shirona