-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of George Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, 26 March 2002 7:38 p.m.
To: World music from a Jewish slant
Subject: Re: Where are you from?

I'm proud to say that I was born in Poughkeepsie and was the first baby
named in the then-new Reform synagogue there. We moved to Long Island
(the Five Towns) when I was seven and I had the misfortune of growing up
there, escaping to NYC every chance I got. Went to college and grad
school in the city -- Columbia, by the way -- and have lived in
Manhattan ever since.

Or as my wife always says, "we live on a small island off the coast of
North America." Just not far enough off.

In terms of Jewish geography, my father's people were from Russia --
mostly around Minksk, I gather; my mother's were German and Austrian.
I'm half-a-yekke, which means I'm punctual half the time.

George (from Hunger) Robinson